Monday, March 29, 2010

Let Me Off Of This Ride




Growing up one of my favorite things to do was go to the Carroll County Fair. I loved the smell of popcorn and cotton candy and enjoyed riding the scary rides. I can remember riding the zipper, super loop, octopus or spider and the barrel ride. I am sorry to say I can't remember whether I rode the barrel ride at the fair or if it was a ride I rode at Dogpatch U.S.A. but it is so similar to a carnival ride that I am including it in the fair "scary ride" category. The barrel ride looked like a barrel (hence the name reference). You would walk inside the ride and stand with your back against the wall, as the door shut with approximately 30 people inside the barrel the barrel would begin to spin very quickly as rock music began blaring very loud. As the ride spun around faster and faster your entire body would be stuck against the wall and for fun I would try to lift my hand or foot from the side of the wall but just couldn't. Once the ride started going super fast the floor would begin dropping out from underneath you and all you could see is a black bottomless hole as the music seemed to get louder and louder only intensifying my fear. After spinning for maybe 3 minutes the ride would soon end and the barrel would slow down as the floor would come back and meet my feet until finally I was able to stand up and gain composure. That ride was so scary to me but for some reason I would ride it more then 1 time per visit, just call me a "thrill seeker" or "crazy", it is one of those adjectives!!!



Well I can honestly say the above long story of my past is a perfect description of what I have been experiencing for the past 2 weeks. Personally, I have been struggling with some things and I honestly feel as if I have been on the barrel ride. I feel like things are just whirling around me and the floor keeps leaving me and then meeting my feet as loud music is blaring and I find my self breathless. This ride hasn't been pleasureable and I want off. It is not a ride that I want to ride again. Isn't there a saying about how sometimes you have to experience the worse before the best comes???? Or something to that effect?????? I sure hope so because I can't take much more stress or blah or I might explode!!!!!

No comments: