Saturday, March 6, 2010

Scripture That Must Guide Me

I have been struggling with several things personally and have begun asking myself very hard questions. Each night as I study my devotional and read the Bible several answers keep appearing in my reading. I have found one verse that I have been using as a guide and it has been helping me really search for what I "want" and what I "need" in my life.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelly, I wanted to give you a scripture that I live by...Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own; listen to God's voice in everything that you do, everywhere you go; He is the one that will keep you on track."
The verse you have listed just happens to be the verse that was read at our wedding so I do hold that verse near and dear to my heart!