Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What a Great Night

Last night was one of the Best Monday Nights I have had in a while. Kambree is gone for the week with her daddy visiting her Great Grandmother who is celebrating a birthday this week and Kennedy was gone for a 2 day 1 night field trip so that left just me and Kayleigh at home alone. It has been a very long time since Kayleigh and I have been able to spend "mommy-daughter" time together so I was very greatful to have the opportunity. Our big plans were to lay in bed and watch "The Bachelor Finale" and "After the Final Rose" because we love reality television and because how often do 11 year olds get to stay up until 10pm on a school night (Never at our house - so this was a huge perk at our house). I straightened Kayleigh's hair with my chi (if you have ever seen Kayleigh's hair then you know this can be a daunting task - 1 hour later she loved it and I thought she looked fantastic for our evening) and we dined on Taco Bell (one of our favorite spots - we even ordered "fruitista breezes"). After dinner I helped Kayleigh get her homework done so we would be free from 7-10 pm to relax in bed. We put our pajamas on and just hung out for 3 hours together, totally uninterupted by a 13 year old brother or a 1 year old sister and it was heavenly. Now we did have to finish up chapter 5 of "The Cabin Faced West" during the first 3 commercial breaks (because apparently Kayleigh's teachers didn't get the memo that no homework on Monday would be fantastic) but after that we were good. By 10 pm Kayleigh was very tired so we called it a night and went to bed. I had so much fun and hope for a mommy - daughter day again real soon!

1 comment:

Ashley Lester said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I bet Kayleigh loved every minute! Wish I would have seen her hair this week....I love it straight!!!