Friday, March 5, 2010

What a Great Night - Part 2


Tonight I had the opportunity to spend time with my 13 year old son - Mom/Son time. Kambree is still with her daddy (I am missing that girl like crazy!!!!!) and Kayleigh is staying the night with a friend (the child begged me all week long and I finally caved) so I thought I better take advantage of an evening with Kennedy. I told Kennedy we would do what he wanted but he had to let me run a couple of errands too! We ran to Barnes and Noble so I could grab a couple of goodies (baby shower decorations and a new curious george baby for Kambree since that is her new favorite show) and then dinner at Chick-fil-a. We ate and talked about a new school project that Kennedy needs to work on this weekend where he will have to create a "simple machine" that really works without electricity (obviously his teacher is not aware that I have absolutely zero skills/ability with simple machines so we will be researching the internet and hoping that utube has some step by step instructions) and then headed to the 5:10 movie. Kennedy has wanted to see "Cop Out" and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. The theater was packed with people waiting to see "Alice in Wonderland" but our movie only had a total of 8 people so we got to sit back and prop our feet up on the bar on the front row of the raised seats and enjoy a movie together. Kennedy and I haven't been to the movies sisterless/daughterless since I can remember. It was fantastic to snack on popcorn and hang out together. After the movie we ran a few more errands and then headed home so he could play his new basketball video game that Warren got him for his birthday.
How blessed I am to get to spend time with my kiddos individually and all in the same week!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Lester said...

Oh i bet Kennedy loved his mom/son night also!!! Sounds like it was a great way to start your weekend! Ok, now I am stressed about middle school in my future!! I would have absolutely know idea where to start with that project....geez!!!!