Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hooray for No School

O.K. At 6 am this morning I acted like a total 10 year old. I so did not want to go to school today, not because I don't like my job (I absolutely love my job) but because I really wanted a break. I teach at a school that follows a continuous learning calendar which simply means instead of having 9 weeks off in the summer we have 6 weeks off with the additional 3 weeks mixed into our calendar called intersession weeks. During an intersession week the students have an opportunity to either take the week off or go to school and attend a morning class and an afternoon class. The morning class is academic based and the afternoon class is interest based. This week is an intersession week and I am having to work (each teacher must volunteer to work 1 intersession week in a 3 year span fully paid of course), as glamorous as additional money sounds and having an opportunity to work in a smaller teacher to student ratio is fantastic but sleeping in and staying in pj's all day is much more wonderful to me. So at 6 am I ran in to the living room and opened the front door, the ice glistened and my heart raced because it was looking like I was going to get my wish - "no school". I then turned on the tv and my computer and got really excited because the big 4 opted for no school today -- Hooray for me and my kiddos.
Now Kayleigh was very happy because the snow day for her and I means no more additional days added on to our school year because it is an intersession week for us. Kennedy, on the other hand is in Middle School so this day will count against him. But by the looks of it, I think he wanted this day off as much as his sister and I did. And sweet Kambree was happy to get to spend the day with her mommy, and big brother and sister.
So, for all of the parents out there that are so disappointed that school was canceled - "I'm so sorry!" But I was super excited!!!

No comments: