Monday, February 8, 2010

Working on the "List"

I have really been thinking about my Life List that I posted about yesterday. I have received messages from several friends inviting me to attend their church and I absolutely appreciate the invitations. It was most touching when my friends also focused on children's church because I truly want my children to have an opportunity to begin serving the Lord at a much younger age then myself. Speaking of "touching" and "Lord" I have 2 great new books that are must reads - one of my best friends brought her Women's Devotional to school for me to look at (she had earmarked a great page referring to relationships and men that I really needed to see) and she also referred me to a great study Bible that I must get!!!! Thanks so much Jill. Another friend from my hometown suggested a book and an author ("So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore)that I have got to grab during my next visit to Barnes and Noble. I can't wait to search for it Erica!!! (I hope that sounded ok Erica "hometown friend" that wasn't too corny was it???)
Another goal I am working on is teaching my children to save their money and also focus on saving for a purpose. To often I find myself getting them everything they ask for and not teaching them that we have to work for things that we want and things that are important. Well my sons birthday is coming up and one gift he wants is a cell phone. Tonight as he searched for phones on Ebay he said he would like to use part of his allowance to purchase minutes for his cell phone if that is one of the gifts he gets. I thought that was a start, now of course we will have to sit down and look at the cost of adding minutes to a telephone and see if he is able to budget that but that is a beginning in working for things of interest. Speaking of his birthday - he will be 13, a teenager - Yikes!!!!! How scary and exciting all rolled up in to one emotional ball I will experience. He keeps reminding me that he can get his permit in 1 more year - what is a mother to do (PRAY!!!!).

No comments: